The humble ABODA – Cheshire Magazine feature
Originally hailing from Sale and Urmston but having moved abroad at the age of 13, it wasn’t until he had enjoyed a few years of being ‘a bit nomadic’ (and 15 years in the travel and leisure industry), moved to London, met and married his wife Lisa and had their first child, Jack, that Mark Oakes finally decided to move back to Cheshire. The family settled in Mere (later moving to Bowdon), and by 2005 had chosen to build their own home – a project which turned out to be much more of a challenge then they had expected.
“We wanted to build something very modern and contemporary and back then it was a real struggle to find the right architect and builder to fulfil our dreams, particularly in the north,” Mark tells me. “Suffice to say, had ABODA Living existed back then, we’d have appointed them and it’s for that reason we exist.”
View the full Aboda article here (pages 137-141)
- The Mourinho effect: Estate agents excited as Jose...
- Luxury property development firm, Aboda Living has unveiled...
- ABODA Living shortlisted for RIBA award
- £3.25m unique Hale Barns home is architectural masterpiece
- This is ABODA Living in Cheshire Luxury
- The humble ABODA – Cheshire Magazine feature
- ABODA Living win two Northern Design Awards
- ABODA Living shortlisted for 2 Northern Design Awards
- Bringing a taste of LA to Cheshire
- ABODA Living wins approval for £2m Cheshire home